Originally Posted By Streetwize
Nice motor, being a 440 RB it might be a perfect application for a mildly ported (lower plenum particularly) Indy 440-2D Dual plane.

The 337 Comes with a port outlet that is (maybe deliberately) 1/2 way between a full gasket 906 and a true Max wedge. I have a Larry Smith full race ported 337 on my 517 and I'm very happy with it. so your 337 will likely be down on torque on a 440 below around 4200-4500 on and application like yours, I'd try a 440-2d to see if you like it better. Peak to peak may be close to the same but I'll bet the torque will be stronger out of the basement.

Thanks, I wanted to bring my max wedge Indy 2-d intake and see but time was running out. I bought the 2d used that has already been port matched but no deeper porting. But I wanna give it a try in the car though. Adding the inner springs took time and we changed the oil after cam break so the oil wasn't up to it's complete operating temp. AFter break in time flew! Felt like the end was around the corner lol.

'68 Coronet 500 w/ Indy EZ-1 headed 446, 727 trans, 9" rear
First day at the track with SUV street tires and no traction: 1.688 60', 7.24 @ 101.79 in the 1/8 mile

Great customer service from: DominicThumper Carbs, B3 racing engines, Porter Racing Engines, A-1 torque converter's, Quick Performance, Racer Brown Cams, R&R Performance, Manton pushrods