Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Looks like I was pretty close........ Numbers are right where I would have expected.
It appears that it's doing what it should....... Nice job!!

The spring pressure deal on street cars can be a catch 22.
More pressure = accelerated wear....... So you have to decide how much more rpm you really want/need.
The 1.950 was the main red flag for me.
I usually see those springs closer to 150@1.900 on my tester.
The catalog shows 135@1.950/365@1.300, which is what I'd expect.
That's a little light for high rpm with a moderately aggressive profile and 1.65 rockers.
I'd have been at more like 1.88-1.90 for a street car, and just used a spring with a higher rate for a bracket car.

As a comparison, I just assembled some heads with 928's for a .645 lift cam(with 1.6's), using lobes a little smoother than yours........ 150@1.900/380@1.250.

Thanks! Was very rewarding building this. I told the dyno guy he said that might be the reason but said it was a awesome pump gas 440. He was kinda surprised with the torque curve he said.

The shop that did my heads. Set the springs up that made me wonder "hmm why?" The exhaust has thicker shims under the springs bringing the installed hight to 1.925 with 160 seat pressure. The intakes are 1.950 with 150. I mocked it up with the inners and used a digital caliper to measure since I don't have a spring height mic and found the heights to be what the shops paper said. I remember you saying these might be the indy 928's that are a bit stiffer but I don't know. I wanna double check my measurements though. Maybe bring the intakes where the exhaust are and just let it be.

The I asked the porter he said the guy that did the guides and seats must have a reason and not touch it. I told him your guess at 6500 it would start to show. He was amazed and said you were spot on. Do you think the power woulda kept climbing more closer to 7000?

'68 Coronet 500 w/ Indy EZ-1 headed 446, 727 trans, 9" rear
First day at the track with SUV street tires and no traction: 1.688 60', 7.24 @ 101.79 in the 1/8 mile

Great customer service from: DominicThumper Carbs, B3 racing engines, Porter Racing Engines, A-1 torque converter's, Quick Performance, Racer Brown Cams, R&R Performance, Manton pushrods