I am back on the road again! I got out the old Sun gun and set the timing. Then I had to manufacture something to get to the half inch hold-down bolt for the dist. That vacuum module hanging off the side, that wasn't there under the old system, does make it a lot more difficult; I really had to fight it last time, this time I was determined to make it a little easier.

There was also that other problem I mentioned yesterday; the ECU connector wouldn't go on. The connector pins would only go on about 1/16th of the way into the cavities. I tried putting it on and off so many times the first 1/16th of the cavities were so shiny they almost looked chromed. I tried pulling it down with the screw, but I could tell it was about to strip out. I decide I needed to ream out the cavities (it was just the top three holding the connector off), but when that didn't seem to be making any headway, I put more light on the subject. It was then that I discovered that in the manufacturing process, some of the flashing had not been removed in the grove between the outside wall and the main body of the plug. It was Dremal time. A zip bit cleaned out the flashing from the grove and the connector went right on. I examined the orange ECU next to the new Standard Blue Streak chrome ECU and discovered the wall surrounding the connector pins was thicker on the chrome ECU than on the orange ECU, thereby not causing a problem when the harness was used with the orange ECU. Just wanted to mention that in case someone else runs into that China created issue.

I think it may be idling a bit fast. I'll drive it around a bit some and adjust it if need be after a little break-in period. Hopefully I won't be back here in a month saying, "Guess what?"

Again I really want to thank everyone for all their help and I hope that all of these post, about my problem, may someday help someone else get their vehicle back on the road again.