I pulled the #1 plug wire and lined the rotor up on that tower. I put one of the plugs I had replaced when I replaced the plugs and wires a few weeks ago into the end of the #1 plug wire and grounded it to the intake. I pulled the yellow wire out of the starter relay connector. I pulled the dist. pickup zigzag connector apart. I took the ECU harness-end of the zigzag connector and drug it across the intake while my wife turned the key first to the run position - got a strong spark across the plug gap - then she turned the key to the crank position - again, got a strong spark across the plug gap.

I should still have the cap and rotor, running around here somewhere, that I replaced when I did the conversion, so I guess I could try subbing them. I still have the dist. I replaced when I did the conversion (but it has two pickup coils - I suppose I would just plug the ECU harness-side zigzag into the matching two pin pickup connector?)I guess I could try subbing it. So is substitution the next best thing to try?