When I did the conversion, I used one of the factory engine grounds (the kind-of mesh ground strap with the toothed eyelet on the end)that was mounted to the firewall, under one of the bolts that I mounted the ECU with (also ground off the paint on the ECU mounting ear)to be sure it was well grounded. Everything I read said not getting a good ground on the ECU had been traced back in many cases to people having problems with their conversions.

I agree about your dropping back to points. It is what I would call getting back to basics. Having been a radio and a telephone tech for many years, trouble shooting for me usually meant "Are the basic elements working?" and work forward from there.

Weather looks great so I better get out there and get it done. I feel like China got me alright. It ran for almost a month and then just quit - drove it to town and back, parked in the driveway then cranked but would not fire (I am thankful it got me home and did not die in town). Now to see if Jegs will replace this what I am sure is a Made in China ECU.