Updating an old thread. Finally made a decision and bought a truck, a '17 Laramie Crew cab.

This truck has most if not all the stuff I wanted in regards to equipment - trailer brake controller, 3.92 rear gear, bed cover, sliding rear window, 2 tone paint and leather trimmed interior. It's a really nice truck. Really like the chrome grille and the two-tone paint.

Only weird thing is the gearshift knob. Very strange feeling putting a car in gear with a twist of a knob on the dash. The console in this truck is huge too. What do they expect people to put in these things?

Just thought I'd mention that I did inquire about a Durango SRT in August. At the time there was about a two month wait. As of today, it's been almost that long and I have not seen one at either of the dealers I went to or anywhere for that matter. One salesman said a few been sold ahead of time but none were even in stock to look at with none expected any time soon.

Ultimately, the SRT wasn't the right vehicle for me anyway. Too much money for an SUV. If I was going to spend that much coin on a performance vehicle, a car would seem to be the better choice. I guess there are handful of Vin Diesel wanna be's out there who think otherwise but I'm not that guy.

So the truck got the nod. Still hard to wrap my head around the fact that trucks are now luxury vehicles. Not a luxury guy at all but I will say, it's nice to ride in comfort. Far cry from my old D100.

Interior shot.

Gonna be a big adjustment driving this thing after 5+ years in a Mazda 3!

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500