Originally Posted By RTSrunner

Buy another go cart for a daily commuter.Swap the D100's .484 cam for one in the .420-.450 lift range.A lot less duration and overlap will help with the low compression 400 for towing. Have a nice eco daily and a cool tow rig at the track!

I actually bought an RV cam from Hughes last year! I also found a regular, low-rise Performer intake to replace the Performer RPM that's on there now. The guy that built the engine in the truck made some poor choices, none of it works together.

The overall plan for the truck was to make it a better driver and first on the list was to ditch the NP435. I scored a super rare bellhousing to put an 833 behind the big block in a truck. I have a regular and OD variant 833. The non-OD has better gear ratios, would help to keep the motor in the sweet spot.

I drove it back and forth to Carlisle last year, (approx. 600 miles round trip) it was a little rough. Definitely a blast from the past - it was hot, noisy and not real comfortable. I don't think those trucks were meant for long trips. The whole time I was thinking about what it would be like to have a trailer behind me and it seemed unrealistic. shruggy

There's a decent-looking '70's dually in the classifieds right now. I actually thought about finding something like that for towing the Duster and buying a Charger instead of a Ram...

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500