Originally Posted By poorboy
I almost hate to say this, but it sounds to me like you need a minivan!

Ha, yeah... I'm not throwing in the towel on life just yet!

After I posted this, I was out and happened to be near the dealership where I used to work so I stopped into the showroom to look around. There was a mini van on the floor, they are in fact REALLY nice, way nicer than when I was working on them. But no way I would ever consider buying one.

Sat in a Durango GT while I was there, felt pretty close to what I have now. The driver's seat is great. If I get the SUV, I would definitely be buying a Hemi though, no question. The newer ones are way cooler than the second generation ones from 10 years ago. My wife drives a Subaru wagon though, seems silly to have two SUV type cars.

I thought about this from a different angle - most of the zillion people driving around in a Ram these days don't use them for much of anything so it's not that far fetched to be considering one.

Looked into an Ecodiesel online after I got home, seems like a really decent truck. Not the greatest towing capacity for diesel but it's not a Cummins. Probably be fine for an open trailer and maybe even a smaller enclosed if I decide I need one down the road. Definitely not towing an enclosed with a Durango!

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500