Originally Posted By 11secdart
The Durango towed pretty well it was a 4.7 with 3.91 gears, trailer tow pkg and air bags in the rear. The trailer was a 20 ft Haulmark enclosed with my Dart, quad, tools etc. I towed as far away as Indy, Virginia and Pittsburgh from my home in North Jersey with no problem, of course my H.Q.C. tows even bettet.

Huh, who knew? And with a 4.7 even - with 3.91 gears - what was your mileage towing, like 8mpg? Those things drank gas even without towing. I was never a fan of them.

A GenIII Hemi has to be a better performer than the 4.7 so if you did it well enough with that combo, maybe I should re-think the Durango.

Again, I have no doubt it will do fine with an open trailer. I just don't like the idea of potentially going to somewhere like Carlisle or Lebanon Valley from Long Island with an open trailer. I know plenty of people make do with what they have but if it can be done easily enough, why not go for the enclosed?

Especially with Carlisle, you always hear stories about cars being stolen from the hotel, just seems a lot less likely with an enclosed. I dunno, I could be wrong about that.

Not to mention sudden summer monsoons. I've been through enough of those at ETown just as a spectator...

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500