Some of these new trucks are VERY nice vehicles. I can understand why people drive them. A truck is easier to enter and exit. There is usually more interior space since trucks are wider than most cars. Comfortable leather seats, a quiet ride. There is a LOT to love about newer trucks.

On the other hand, trucks often cost more to drive than a car. A truck will almost always cost more to purchase. A truck will use more fuel. If a truck is not needed, it is probably not going to be the cheapest option.

If you want a more comfortable vehicle, some of the "near luxury" cars are quite a bit more comfortable than cheaper cars. For example, a Chrysler 300 is a nice car in my opinion. A V6 model will get decent fuel economy.

As some of the other guys have suggested, it would be best to start adding up the projected expenses for a truck and a car to determine the difference. Everybody's situation is different!

Edit: If you want a more economical truck, an older 12 valve Dodge Cummins, 2 wheel drive truck MIGHT be a good choice. The 2 wheel drive trucks do not bring near as much money as a 4x4. Of course, you probably wouldn't want to drive it every day. But it would use less fuel than your current truck, especially when towing. I suspect a 12 valve, 2 wheel drive Cummins will be the cheapest diesel to buy and perhaps to drive. Some of the other guys here could probably give you some better advice on this though.

Last edited by QuickDodge; 01/05/17 01:56 AM.