Originally Posted By 72roadrunnergtx
“Heated air intake” was never an option in ’71, standard on all engines with one exception, when ordered with the optional “Fresh Air, N96, Air Grabber”. You had one or the other. The driver’s side exhaust manifolds were the same, with mounting points cast for the heat stove. Stove, and all components relating to heated air, was omitted when ordered with N96. Dual snorkel air cleaner, with heated air provisions, on the ’71 383HP, again with only one exception-N96.

Thanks. Things are finely starting to make a bit of sense now because I know that my VIN doesn't mention the N96 so it's doubtful the AG system came with the car. But the exhaust manifolds shows signs that a stove was mounted to it. If you're saying that heated air was standard on all except the N96 cars, it's looking very likely that my car had heated air. One other follow up question. What were they doing in 1970 with all the 383 Roadrunners......we're they putting nothing but Holleys in them or does it go by either SPD or engine/tranny combo?