Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By L.R Helbling

Can't help you, chum if you don't believe what I'm telling you. Holley R4668 carbs were put on Roadrunners with heated air intakes like I mentioned in a previous post. Mine never came with that option so I got the Carter AVS. Typical numbers found on broadcast sheets are fine for statistical purposes but they do not describe the rules for putting which carb on which car. FSM does.

OK let's see if this makes sense to you.

The FSM is a service manual. It's where you go to find out how to repair something or what the specs or settings are for something. It does not tell you what goes on what. For that they have a Parts Manual.

If you go to the parts manual. It's section 14-30-0. It shows that the Carter is only used on C Bodies. So yes there is a 383 AT Carter in 71 but it was never used in your application. It was used in the 330HP C body application.

My carb is listed in the link that you provided for the whole world to see now. Thanks for providing the proof, Bud. It's listed in model P,D,C (Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler,) and Reference No. 114 and service carb # 3512844. If you open your eyes, you will see it. If not, I'll scan my chassis service manual when I get home later tonight that tells you why that carb is correct for my car.