Well I don’t need “try” any third-party information sources to verify or rebut my own knowledge and experience on this subject, I’m clear on these facts. Not sure why you discount the factory documentation on this matter so easily, let alone the responses from many other experienced posters here on this current thread. I only mentioned model year ‘70 because it was the first year Holleys were used on the B&E body 383HP application in question, carb model uses between ‘70 and ’71 are very similar. Both years B-bodies with a 383HP, fresh-air or not, manual or auto, left the factory with Holley 4160s.
If you base your position on having an AVS being on your car when you bought it and another in the trunk, consider this. I have personally performed many factory correct and sponsored Holley to AVS conversions back in the day at dealers. Generally, OE Holley versions from the day had a poor maintenance reputation, prone to fuel leaks and in some cases engine fires. Chrysler parts released retrofit kits to the dealers back then for various engine combinations, included correct fuel lines, bracketry, and hardware. Many Holleys were swapped out, as warranty policy in some cases, in the first year or two.

1972 Road Runner GTX 440 6bbl 5-speed
[img]http://72rrgtx.com/carpics/bucket/DSC06730r-1.jpg[/img]