Originally Posted By L.R Helbling
Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By L.R Helbling
Originally Posted By 6bblgt
ALL 1971 383 Road Runners had HOLLEY carbs when new!

Not according to the factory service manual.

Beware that the Service manual doesn't tell you what came with what. Your broadcast sheet does. Do you have one?

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that your car came with a Carter.

No broadcast sheet was ever found with my car. The FSM does indicate what engines that came with what transmission was married up to a specific carb. All you have to know is what engine/tranny combo were available with your particular year/make/model and you will know what carburetor belongs on the car for a specific combo. That is on your fender tag. Broadcast sheets are nice to have but you don't need them to find that out. Various sources on the web suggest that 1971 Roadrunners had more Carters in them than Holleys and the exceptions to that rule I've already mentioned in this thread. My car originally came with a Carter AVS because it came standard with a 383 and 727 auto trans. The FSM backs that up. The Air Grabber hood though, is a completely different story.

People with a lot of knowledge and experience decoding these cars are trying to help you here. The typical number you see coded on the broadcast sheet for a 383 4bbl auto 71 runner without an air grabber is 30. This translates to a Holley carb part number R4668. Typical sheet number for a 383 4bbl auto with air grabber is 42, also a Holley carb.

addict:to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively ....hmmmm