Originally Posted By 72roadrunnergtx
Not a mistake here, just the facts, “were chosen for specific engine and transmission combinations” correct, the 335 horse power 383HP used in B & E-bodies in ’70 & 71 came from factory with Holley 4160s. Transmission, N96, non-N96 variants identified by list numbers. The 383 4bbl engine installed into C-bodies had Carter AVS’s, as the factory replacement parts catalogs from the time clearly indicates. The mymopar.com listing you linked does not show any Holley 4-barrel carbs for ’70-71 383 HPs, that is simply not accurate. I suggest you look at other sources for more accurate info that should include the already referenced factory documents/manuals for correct info. The use of Holley 4160s on this ’71 b-body 383HP application has been well documented over the years, a simple search on this forum alone will result with numerus past discussions on this topic, dating back years.
As for the carline codes, fact is, P, D, C, &Y carline codes all refer to c-bodies only period. Not only have I owned and dealer serviced these cars dating back to when they were new, also did a stint in various parts departments selling replacement parts at dealers, trained and paid to correctly interpret the factory parts catalogs. Your repeated interpretation of these codes is flat out wrong.
Wing nut? Another vote here for AMK Products, closest I’ve found to originally used hardware.

I cannot argue with you on the meaning of the P,D,C and Y codes because I have not been trained in using this manual. I was simply using the glossary that explains what these abbreviations mean using the photo that was posted in this forum by another user. In this photo, there was no mention of C bodies at all. The simple fact is that numerous sites list my carburetor as being correct and I do happen to remember what I pulled out of that car many years ago. The intake on that car was untouched. My engine was "not" the 335 HP engine that was available in 1970. It was the 300 HP engine for 71. This is the correct carb. Try the Hemmings dot com site under the Carter identification number page. Have no access right now. It will list both Carters and Holleys for Chrysler and Marine all years under 1971. Tons of info. In only a select few of those, will you actually see models of cars like Challenger, GTX, Cuda R/R mentioned that had special Holley carbs selected. All accurate, I'd think and it's an expansive list and a good one.