72, I know you're trying to help. I recognize that. But you and others are making the same mistake because carburetors were not chosen for specific models. They were chosen for specific engine and transmission combinations. Look at other sources on the web like:

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=55

They list my 383 with automatic transmission correctly as having a 4bbl Carter AVS. Even lists the correct number for the AVS. This is correct. If you are dead set on using a parts manual, which is ok but shouldn't be used by itself, go back to the previous posts by Morty et al.. and refer back to the P,C, and D car line. That's the criteria on which my carb was chosen. All Plymouth all Dodge and all Chrysler lines with no conditions which would alter the selection to have a Holley based on heated air or fresh air. If you go to that line, it mentions that the standard 4 bbl carb used was a Carter AVS under reference 114. That's my carb!!

At the very least, look around the web at various sites, you'll end up seeing the same thing I'm seeing. After all this stuff we're discussing isn't classified or top secret. It's common knowledge. The problem you and everyone else on here are having is with interpretation.