Hi guys. I also got into Drag Week this year for the first time, and I have a few questions. My car is a 1975 Coronet station wagon with a 489ci stroker making 630hp, and 645TQ, 10.9 compression, Indy EZ heads w/ max wedge ports, Indy single plain intake, and I am going with FiTech fuel Injection mean street, and it has a Bullet roller cam with 610 lift. It's followed by a PTC converter and a Cope built 727 with low 1st gear set up, gear vendors, 8 3/4 with 4.30 gears and a spoll on 31" tires. Im using an MSD 6AL box, and distributor, also an Aeromotive dual 340 stealth pumps in an aluminium 20gal cell.

Questions:
I thought I read some where that we had to run slicks this year. Is this true, or can we still run drag radials?

If we need slicks, my class is allowed 11.2" wide at tread, can anybody tell me a tire size that will fit within that while mounted on a 10" or 12" rim? looking for first hand experience instead of calculating and guessing.

I have friends coming just to watch, and share motel rooms, what can they or cant they do for me to not get DQ'ed? I know they cant work on the car, but he will be following just because he knows us. If we break down and stop, and he also stops, can he run us to a parts store if needed, or nothing at all, just don't want to break the rules?

I know drive, Drive, Drive, but what type of parts does everyone bring? Not planning on doing trans swap on the side of the road if something like that happened, I'd be out, but where do you draw the line?

Thanks for any and all input.