I am a little late to the party, but figured I'd drop my $0.02 after my first drag week attempt last year.

If I can sum it up, it would be to keep it simple, and bring a proven combo(maybe not an option since you just picked up the car...haha).

I was in the 11.50 and up category who ran a class, but knew I wouldn't be competitive.

I was going to run 4.10's with 28's at the track and 30's on the street, but I decided that I didn't want to swap tires every day, plus space was limited as the trunk has a 22 gallon fuel cell and a battery in it. I only have 10" wide rims for the back, and it is surprisingly difficult to find 30" tall tires that will fit a 10" rim that aren't super swampers. So I ran my 3.55's and 28" drag radials with a rain friendly tread. As EFI Dart stated, most of the roads have slower speeds anyway.

I added V-band dumps to my headpipes that I would uncork at the track, I would empty the trunk, remove the hitch carrier, adjust the tire pressure and make a pass. Let it cool, load everything up and hit the road.

DF likes to joke that DragWeek is the largest group of cars that weren't running the week before, but avoid this if you can. I logged ~3k miles and 30 passes on my car last year prior to drag week. Not a lot if you are a weekend points racer or have a daily driver...or live somewhere that snow doesn't exist, but the car was proven. The only issues I had all week were a melted zip tie on the plug wires and dealing with mid-western cuisine, but I am used to that by now.

Also, I tried to eliminate aftermarket parts where possible. I replaced my Barry Grant pump with in-tank walbros that you can get at the parts store (actually, I have 2 pumps in tank, so if one fails, I flip a switch). Anything aftermarket or specific to your car, carry spares. If you have an LS, chances are someone will have what you need, but the same cannot be said for a BBM.

Also, I run the plastic bucket seats with vinyl covers. They aren't super comfy, but fine for me...

Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

71 Swinger - slowly collecting dust/parts
66 Belv. II - just a streetcar
88 Mustang - turbo LS beater