While I haven't purchased too many converters for myself, I have helped many many people get their combos sorted out through the years.

I'd be surprised if out of all those combos there were more than 20 where the converter seemed close enough on the first shot where it got left in the car.
Most end up going back at least once. Several ended up going somewhere other than where they where made to get "fixed"...... Some just got replaced with something else.

I'm always amazed at how you can give the exact same info, and request the same stall to two different converter shops, and get back two completely different performing units, with huge differences in stall....... And sometimes neither is what you asked for.

Somewhere on this thread someone mentioned how many times a converter shop will try and give you what they think is what you should have, regardless of what you ask for...... Because they know better than you.

My feeling is......... Just give me what I ask for..... Even if it's wrong and will make the car slower. At least then I'll learn something.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads