As someone who doesn't spray I can only make an assumptions. So here goes. Bang for the buck a 200 shot is as cheap and easy as it gets. Quality kit, proper fuel delivery, proper ignition timing and away you go. Now if you combo has tight ring gaps, thin ring lands, poor oil control you could be on a path to destruction. Certainly higher levels of power adder will require more specialized components. Going on the edge is going to require precise tuning and a motor specifically designed for spray. But from what I can see the lower level hits aren't rocket science. Just like anything else. Better parts will survive more power. A 400 hp N/A motor is easy, as is a 400hp spray motor. A 1000 hp spray motor has to be a pretty decent piece but not state of the art ports, high compression, wild cam, etc. A 1000hp N/A motor is going to need some compression, good flowing heads, and some pretty good valve train, thus more than likely more costly. Either way most of us always want to go quicker. Just different definitions of how fast is fast. Everyone has their own challange as how to do it. If I could make 1K a day tuning I'd quit my day job and spend the money building a faster car.
Doug