UCUDANT, now I see what you were saying. Until I saw my own heads at the machine shop it didn't sink in lol

Honestly, how much do you guys think the port mis-match will hurt power if I just ran an LA header on the econo ports? I was looking at the econo gaskets vs my LA super comps and it really only looked like it covered the port up on a few corners, and it appeared like there was a enough meat on the header flange in those areas to open it up a little with a grinder. These were on my 1 3/4's primary tube super comps mind you, so a 1 7/8th LA header may cover less?. The exhaust ports on these econo heads aren't that big at all.

If that doesn't work, I think I am going to cut off the flange on the LA 1 7/8th headers and weld econo flanges on. Since it seems like such a close match, it shouldn't be too hard to get the pipes to line up. I am just hoping I don't have to go that route as by the time I get done purchasing the headers, flanges and coating I'll be about $1300 into them vs a set of bolt on coated headers from TTI for $850. I also can't get the polished ceramic coating anywhere around here which I really wanted, and shipping them somewhere else adds even more to the cost.

Last edited by 1mean340; 11/19/16 03:10 PM.