So I know there are W2 econo heads and W2 race heads. I have the econo versions with the smaller 3.90" bolt spacing for my 70 challenger. What I can't figure out is if the w2 "econo" bolt spacing the same as an LA, or is it it's own pattern all together?

Here is the problem I am having. I need a 1 7/8ths primary tube header. I saw that TTI made one but it was for the wider w2 "race" bolt spread only. There is a chance I can use them with adapter plates, but I may have to cut/modify the tubes a on the driver's side to clear the power steering box and then it just becomes a big PITA to buy them bare, modify them and then ship them out for coating.

Then I noticed that TTI also makes a 1 7/8ths LA style header. Why wouldn't these fit the W2 econo heads? I figured the factory LA head had the same narrow bolt spacing but maybe I'm wrong?

It is my understanding that with a 1 7/8th tube, the tubes are going to be over the bolt holes of the two center exhaust ports with the narrow bolt spacing of the econo head, but that doesn't seem like the end of the world from a header design standpoint. Plenty of other motors have header like this that just come with dented or stepped primary tubes.

What do you guys suggest? I was actually just thinking of building my own out of T304 stainless but I really want to get this project done before the cold weather comes and that would definitely extend the timeline some lol.