Originally Posted By SS4446
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By SS4446
Just to add to what ray and Jason have said, the heads from edelbrock are a pretty much ready to bolt on piece right out the box, I changed the valve job to suit my preferences. The one major area of work is the intake. I had a solid 2 days worth of porting on the intake. Edelbrock did tell me today they intend to build an intake with bigger ports and a 4500 carb flange on it. The one major deficiency I saw in the heads was his, when I cut the spring pockets to accept 1.625" diameter triple valve springs it made pinholes in the top of each exhaust port. I didn't cut the pocket any deeper just cut the O.D. larger to accept the triple spring. I brought this up to edelbrock and it's supposed to get resolved.
the real question i have is the quality of block and issues that had to be fixed..if or when you have time..thanks

There are some issues to be resolved on the block, but it all depends on which route you choose to go with the block as to how expensive and extensive the work required is. For instance on the engine for Ray and Jason, they got a 59* lifter angle block, and we were trying to re use as many components out of there previous engine as we could, so we had to make lines to route the oil up to the head to oil the rocker shafts, do a pretty major amount of clearancing in the lifter galley area to get the tie bar roller lifters to clear, make oil returns flow to the correct locations, and a few other issues here and there. If we had started with a 48* lifter angle block, went with pushrod oiling style lifters and rocker system, and been starting from a blank sheet without trying to run parts that were in a previous engine we could've done all the machining necessary for a very reasonable price. Not knocking ray or Jason's decisions to re use parts they could out of there other engine, in fact I was all for that because I don't believe in wasting money if it's not necessary. The quality of the casting of the Ritter block is on par with anything I've seen from dart on Chevy and ford blocks they make. There are just some machining areas that needs correcting and I know Kent is working hard to fix all the quirks. But as others have said there aren't 1000's of these blocks out there so getting all the kinks worked out will take time. However, I feel like we can get one of the Ritter blocks race prepped and ready to be assembled in an expedient amount of time at a reasonable price for anyone who would like to use one as the base of there build. I can tell you first hand there's no Chrysler production block that's anywhere near the casting quality and strength of the Ritter block. Nor do I feel you can get anywhere close to the power per cubic inch out of an aluminum aftermarket block or aftermarket iron block that you can out of the Ritter block. Just my 2 cents...

Have you looked at his aluminum block real good? We are trying to decide between cast and aluminum...we'll be using 48°, 50 or 55mm cam and large bore...will be 426cid.
Our goal will likely be to claw our way to 2hp per cid...we'll be using Indy's intake, but might try the SV just to see where it is compared to Indy's.
Did you guys get any video?

Brian Hafliger