Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By bwhackd34
Just my point....a $3000 block that needs $4000 worth of machine work and then it may not even be useable. Nothing against Ritter but even AMC has a block made by Indy. Pontiacs have blocks, there is the new Track Boss Cleveland based Ford....
An aluminum A8 is like $8000.....[ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ]!!!!!
All these other blocks are being sold for $2000-3000 and we can't get something useable for under $5000....and then it's like hens teeth!!!!
Not a fan of Magnum stuff simply because it is OE and wasn't designed for 800+ hp.
Now we have a head that will bolt on and has easy 800ho potential and no block...kind of ironic...when we had blocks...expensive as they were...the only 800hp
potential platform we had was w8....maybe 9..stuff and was just as expensive as the block. Now we have heads that almost anyone can afford and no blocks....maybe if Vic did these heads 10 years ago Chrysler wouldn't have stopped production...

Production of this small block stuff stopped for two reasons.

1.) NHRA killed Pro Stock Truck
2.) Chrysler got out of asscar.

Those are the FACTS.

I understand Chrysler leaving asscar, but I will never ever understand why NHRA killed PST. I know, from personal conversations with people who were involved, that Chrysler could track sales of trucks DIRECTLY to how the Dodges did in PST. So much so in point of fact, that Dodge refused to even change the most minute detail in body work, even though said body was hurting ET and MPH. It was the visual Dodge needed and a good day at the track produced sold trucks.

LOL, PST was a main factor of me buying my Dakota R/T back in 2000, I still have my Todd Patterson T shirt

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum