Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By bwhackd34
Bittersweet! Great....no more 40 year old heads but still a limited supply of 40 year old 340 blocks or 20 year old 360....both of which will need a lot of specialized machining to take full advantage of the power potential. 800 hp will make short life of even a decently prepped OE block....maybe now the Edelbrock invested time and R&D into producing the first LA head redesign in probably 15-20 years maybe Dart...or SOMEONE can get their act together and get us a nice USEABLE race block at an AFFORDABLE PRICE!

Ritter is doing it. He's doing the blocks.

I will never understand why guys thing the GM crowd buy [censored] and bolts it on? It don't happen. The difference is they get to make so many they work out the kinks in months not years.

And, it don't matter anyway. Chevrolet can produce the biggest pile of steaming monkey dung and the fools would buy it and fix it, or the aftermarket would save its ass.

All you have to do is look at the ball/stud rocker system. Junk. Enough said, because it ain't very often I hear a Chevy guy [censored] about paying for shaft rockers. Now all the Chrysler guys love the magnum because they can drop in a hydraulic roller cam. Don't matter the valve train is 60 year old, 60 year obsolete crap.

Go figure.
I dont know how many Ritter blocks that you've got running.. I spent $4,000 fixing mistakes on mine.hope there getting better

Didn't say they are perfect. AFAIK, as I haven't talked to him in years he had to do all the tooling and everything.

Geebus, give it a chance. More Chevy blocks are made in a month than he has made.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston