Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By HotRodDave
A ritter block is expensive and still needs tons o expensive machine work to be used. There are plenty of compareable chubby blocks that can be bought, fixed and run for less than buying a ritter block.

A magnum does not use a ball and stud and pretty much anything built with
a magnum head or LA (factory heads anyhow)don't make enough RPM to take advantage of a shaft rocker system.

A magnum ain't so great just fer the roller cam... the heads are better flowing on the intake and exhaust than any factory LA, nice machined valve cover rails with 10 bolts that don't leak, re-useable valve cover gaskets, ex bolts that don't have watter in em, no heat cross-over, one piece pan gasket, much stronger block, cheap reliable roller cam, much more compression tolerance than any LA heads, should I keep going I am out of breath

Just don't love the magnum. It ain't all that. Don't do hydraulic roller cams anymore. My gaskets don't leak. The block is no stronger. No more compression tolerance.

I'd say you are just wrong.

Edit: I guess you think a bolt down rocker is different from the ball stud, and technically it is. It's all the same junk of a different flavor. Most Chevy guys I know don't run anything but shafts. I guess they are stupid.

Magnum blocks are stronger, and I will be proving that fact very soon with my 410 stroker on a stock magnum block......

2000 Dakota R/T, 408 magnum, 727, Indy heads
1000cfm 4150 carb, 93 octane fuel.
motor; 10.258 @ 132.78
200 shot; 9.262 @ 144.69
racemagnum