Here is the thing about Throttle Body injected EFI systems. They are a quick and dirty EFI retro fit. That's it......Fuel is still injected above the throttle blades of the throttle body, just like a carb. You are at the mercy of air flow through the throttle body and distribution of the intake manifold, to distribute everything as it should. Better than a carb?....sure......as good as port injection?.....not even close. So if you are pretty happy with the carb, but want better starting, better idle and better fuel control, these are a decent deal for a street car or milder race car. GREAT for off road stuff, like Jeeps, where terrain changes wreak havoc on a carb.

On a boosted car, where it will be blow through, or on a fairly serious effort nitrous deal......will it WORK?....sure, but it will be mediocre at best and no better than a properly tuned carb from a performance standpoint.

There are MANY misconceptions about EFI. Airwoofer came by my shop, told me what he wanted to do, asked how much it would cost. I related a story of two cars I had done recently. One a two four barrel 600" top sportsman car. The guy brought me a running carbed car and wanted to pick up a running and tuned EFI car. I converted the intake, plumbed all the nitrous, wired the car, replaced fuel system, redid the cooling system, supplied every part of the EFI and everything else, plus tuned the car. He dropped 12K for that. I did a small tire, nitrous car from Canada. Same deal. I did it ALL. He had a single carb and one nitrous system, so it was cheaper, but he still dropped 11K........So given this info and knowing what the blower stuff would cost him, he comes to the conclusion that EFI will cost him 20K. Well maybe he was going to SPEND 20K, but that is NOT what the EFI costs.

It can cost a little, or it can cost a LOT, depending on how you do it, or what you can do yourself. You expect somebody like me to "turn key" it for you.......yes sir, it's going to be high. But so does going to an engine shop for a turn key engine, other than doing some of it yourself. Also WHAT and HOW you choose to do it matter.........Example. I can sell you $400 worth of 160lb Bosch injections, or I can sell you $1100 worth of 160lb Billet Atomizer injectors. The difference? one set is hand built, fully rebuildable and can be tailored. The others are what you get. Some guys want the BEST, and some say they can throw away a few injectors for the $700 difference. So you choose............I can convert your existing manifold, which costs money, because I have to machine bungs, machine manifold, weld it up, fab fuel rails and rail mounts, OR you can buy an EFI ready manifold, pop the injectors in it and be done. You can also put enough sensors on it to monitor EVERYTHING, or for the systems that use GM sensors, go to wrecking yard, hack a TPS, MAP, coolant temp, IAT off a wreck and have nothing in sensors........And so it goes on down the list. So when guys ask "what will EFI cost me".....that is one of the hardest questions there is to answer