So, my planetaries are in good shape, the dont wobble on their shaft and clearances are good.

The clearances between the snap ring and the top steel plate in my front clutch are not equal around the whole perimeter of the snap ring, they range from .02 to .04 ish, could this indicate the steels or clutches are warped or have uneven wear?

To get the spring retainer out of the front clutch, I carefully used 2 C-clamps to depress the plate low enough to get the retension ring out. I used 2 pieces of flat metal on the backside to keep the clamp from touching the machined surface that contacts the washer on the front pump.

My front clutch only has 6 springs in the basket, I will be adding the full 15 before I reassemble. Not sure what they are technically called, does anyone know? need to order them ASAP.

Thought I'd throw this in there for anyone who is thinking about doing this, it's good idea whenever you disassemble something to lay them out in order. I also write the order and the name of the piece next to it in pen.