Just got my upgrade kit for my BB 727. I got the reverse manual valve body WITH low band apply from Tranzact and I also got kevlar bands, HD friction plates, and a rings, seals and bushings kit. Tranzact advertises that their RMVB is designed to work off stock pump pressures, which means less stuff I have to change/replace.

Im starting this thread hoping that some tranny experts will chime in as I go along so I can avoid as many mistakes as possible. I have some experience with transmissions, but this will be my first 727 rebuild. Im following the rebuild instructions in the "Torqueflite A-727 Transmission Handbook; by Carl H. Munroe" It's a 1969 A727 that came behind a 440 C-Body. It's going behind a mild 440 around 550hp and over 500 ft/lbs of torque, with a 200 shot of nitrous (I've been told by some with my tight LSA cam I probably wont be seeing a 200hp increase, closer to 100hp). The whole overall goal is to have a FUN street/strip car that can take a beating.

1st thing I did was build a wooden structure to get the tranny vertical. Next, cleaned the inside and outside of the bellhousing and anywhere else that could possibly contaminate the inside of the tranny once the front pump and valve body are off. got the pan off and the front pump bolts out. Now, I need a slide hammer to take off the front pump (3/8 I believe).

The 1st problem.. my seal and ring kit is labed "1971-On". Pretty sure I have to send it back due to differences in the 1971 and up front drum bushing size and sealing ring style, and also different bushings in the 71-up reaction shaft support. Anything else Im missing?

2nd, Im unsure if I should upgrade the servos. If the stock servos will be ok in this application, I will stick with them.

3rd, I think my tranny has 6 return springs, and can hold up to 15, not sure how many I should install for my application?