Yes, nitrous IS an option......BUT, the problem is that guys bought 600" motors......then they sprayed 600" motors. Then they bought 5.0 stuff and now guys are spraying 5.0 and larger bore space stuff and the trend will only continue.

I work with LOTS of TS and TD guys and yes I have several with 4.840 stuff. A 6.40-6.50 door car with a 4.840 motor is FAST, but you can bet they are getting after it pretty hard. At some races, a 6.80 won't get you in the show and that trend is going to get quicker.

Top Dragster is the same, with the proliferation of big inch motors and blower cars. Same goes here, I have 4.840 customers and one was Number 1 at the last Division II race with a 6.25. That's a 632 Chevy with two stages, but we are getting after it pretty good.

I work with one of the more well known TD/TS engine builders on this side of the country. He sends me all his intakes. They used to be all 4.840 stuff. Lately it is a LOT of 5.0 stuff and done three 5.300 intakes already this year. These guys ain't playin.........LOL!!! Matter of fact, I have 4 intakes here now from smaller motors getting a third kit and one is getting 3rd and 4th, but the latter runs PDRA Top Sportsman and he expects it to take low 4 teens to make the show this year. He has been 4.15 on two pretty decent stages, but last year that was putting him deep in the bottom half

Admittedly, divisions 2&3 and PDRA are pretty fast, but I see that spreading to others as well.

One last thing, most smaller motors BUILT to be N/A motors are not usually nitrous friendly for large amounts. You CAN'T have it both ways and that is a simple fact. If you plan to spray it pretty hard, plan on making SEVERAL changes and then it is NOT going to be a rocket on motor only.

Monte