Let me rephrase what I characterized as "bracket racers". Most racers will be happy with their B-1s motors, Indy motors what have you. But when you get up to the BIGGER motors, say 600+ inches, a lot of those guys, like AL, are looking to run Top Dragster or Top Sportsman. Depending on what division you are in, those classes can be REALLY fast. These classes used to be the domain of the 600 inch motor. The class has gotten faster and faster and on the GM side is now the domain of 5.0 and 5.300 bore space motors. The guys who are still running 4.840 stuff, are having to get after their stuff REALLY hard to make the field. So if you are a die hard Mopar guy, you START out behind the eight ball. The BEST Mopar based combo, won't make the steam of the top 4.840 Chevy stuff and many of those guys are borderline now. So sinking a boat load of cash into a Predator or TS deal is a tough pill to swallow, when that may or may NOT get it done. This is the reason many Mopar guys have tossed in the towel and just gone with the flow and who can blame them. As has been covered many times, when you get into 5.0 and larger bore space motors, it is essentially just an aftermarket, alum race motor, so the feasibility of tooling up and making one a Mopar based deal, just doesn't make a lot of sense. After all, if you DID make one, you are going to base the heads off what is out there NOW and that is spreadport GM and Ford style heads, that for all intents and purposes look the same. You are not going to reinvent the wheel, because what is there makes power. So that leaves you with the option of making the block LOOK Moparish..........whats the point?

As for a 600-13 head, on a 4.600 bore, making MORE steam than a Predator head on a 4.530 or 4.560 bore.......well, call me very skeptical. In inline wedge, making equal or more than a splayed/canted deal.......umm, ok. I would feel the big power increase had a little to do with the larger bore, as well as less stroke. I would think the 5" stroke motor wasn't happy

Monte