Quote:

Understanding the 6 pack CFM is one of the hardest things for Mopar guys. A really big percentage of them will never figure out the whole 2bbl flow rating thing. I gave up correcting people a few years back but I'm glad to see that you're still putting up the good fight!

The equiv flow rating of 900+ cfm is enough to make really good power, it is the twists and turns inside of the stock intake that kills the combo. Especially at high rpm and/or lots of cubic inches. But the setup can easily make 600 hp on a healthy short block so it does work really well up to a point. And that point is more power than what 99% of the folks need on a street car anyway.

These comments bundle it up pretty nicely. My limited testing show that a stock 6bbl intake starts to give way to other manifolds above 550 peak hp, and average power not much after that. I'm not suggestion that I won't go 650 hp.

I'm really surprised that carb manufactures have not started to give air flow curves at multiple pressure drops, say from .4" to 2.0" Hg., not that guys like me lower on the food chain would need to know anything much above 1.0" Hg.