Quote:

friend wants to build a 500" 440, using aluminum heads w/ mild porting,2" headers,3" exhaust, [Email]250@.050/.600[/Email] camshaft,and top it with a 6-pack.
some claim that the manifold will be the bottle neck in this build.
what do you think?
didn't Mopar Muscle do a engine challenge with a combination like this?
if so i can't find it

Don't beleive what you hear, especially from those that do not own or ever used a sixpak My 518 C.I. pump gas low deck stroker made a lot of power from day one with a set of mildly ported 906 iron heads, 612 HP @ 5500 RPM and 644 Ft. lbs @ 4500 with 511 C.I. I swapped the heads(CNC ported Eddy RPM ) and then swapped the crank the next year to bring the dished piston up to zero deck. The last time that motor was on the dyno with the Eddy dual plane low deck sixpak intake and stock type OEM 440 six pak carbs jetted fatter it made 720 HP and 710 Ft lbs. on 10% Ethanol Oregon pump swill Are there better intakes and carbs, yes there are Will his sixpak make good power, YOU BET it will My 3450 lb (with me in it) Duster ran a best of 10.15 at 132 MPH with the six pak, it ran 9.993 at 134.6 MPH with a set of Indy SR M.W. ports and a 1050 Holley Dominator on a Indy 400-3 intake on non ethanol Oregon pump swill with the exhaust and air cleaners on The sixpak carbs need tuning to get them perfect, have him jet the outboard carbs up to around .089 on the fuel inlet holes and leave the center carb. stock on the jetting, he will need to work on the vacume pod springs to get the carbs to open the way he likes them Have him adjust the idle mixture screws on the outboard carbs all the way in (gently) until the bottom out and then open them no more than 1/2 turn out and then start the motor up and adjust the center carb. idle mixture screws and idle speed screw to get it where he likes BB Mopars like air, the more the better Let us know what you guys do and how it runs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)