A few weeks later I got a call from Tim and he gave me his estimate. Although I don't really want to go into the exact amount he quoted me, I though it was reasonable. It was more than I had been quoted before, but a few years had passed since then and he seemed to be the best qualified person that I had talked to. I want to have it done right the first time....accually the second time if you consider the previous work back in the 90's.

Tim said he was very interested in working on the car and that he would give me a call when the Challenger he was working on was done.

A few months passed and I hadn't heard anything from Tim. I sent him an e-mail asking how the other Challenger was going. He said that some changes were going on with the shop and that the 70 Challenger was still a ways from being done. As you may know, it's hard for a small restoration company to charge enough money to make a profit when it comes to all the work nessesary to built one of these cars. Tim was feeling the stresses of this fact and decided to take a great opportunity that was presented to him.

He had done a lot of work for a company in Ohio called "Best of Show Automotive." The owner of that company had just offered Tim a job running the restoration shop there. So, Tim sold his company and took over the shop at "Best of Show Automotive."

Tim was still interested in working on my car but I wasn't sure I wanted it half way across the country. I mean, part of the fun of doing a restoration is being able to see the car during the whole process. I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I decided to wait and talk to Tim at the Mopar Nationals.