As you can tell by the pictures, we sand blasted just enough to reveal the problem areas. THere was no point in hitting the top or the doors at that time.

The guy that blasted the car(Tom's Auto Restoration in Vinton, Iowa) said that if you didn't touch it a lot, it should be OK for a year without having to spray a sealer on it. Any longer and the car would start to rust again. That was October of 2007 so I had a little time to try and find someone to do the bodywork. Tom wasn't really interested in working on the car at that time. He was short staffed and had enough work in his shop for a while. He was nice about it and wished me luck with the project.

So now it was time to really look hard and try to find someone to work on the car. I had gone to school from 96 to 98 for Automotive technology and was an auto mechanic until 2001 so I am able to do all the mechanical aspects of a restoration but don't have a clue when it comes to bodywork. I really wasn't interested in learning bodywork on the Challenger either. I have read many articles on cars were the owner has learned to weld and do bodywork on a car that turned out great, but that's not for me.