I bought another Challenger in 95 for $700. I had seen it for years sitting behind a fence on the way to my grandparents house. When my dad and I were coming back from my first year at the Mopar Nationals, we left a note on the car. Later that week I got a call saying it was for sale.

Why I sold it in 98 I'll never know. I kept the engine out of that car because I already had the short block finished. That is the engine that will be put in the car. I can't see spending more money on rebuilding the origonal engine when I have this one ready to go. Some day down the road the origonal one will find its way back between the fenders but not right away.

This engine is also a 73 but it has a much later production date. The balance pads have been ground off the rods and the crank has been turned. The block also got a .030 bore. I used a MP Purpleshaft cam in it. It's the stock 340 cam. No heads came with the engine so I bought a set from Aerohead. They were cheaper than having the stock heads rebuilt. Aerohead is the stock division of Indy Cylinderhead. THe heads came surfaced and had bigger valves in them. Stock 318 valves are 1.75in and 1.50ex. These heads have the 360 sized valves in them.(1.88in and 1.60ex) The only things that are being reused from the origonal engine are the valve covers and the intake manifold. The exhaust manifolds are also being re-used.

4885827-engine003(2).jpg (252 downloads)