In 1996 I was a senior in High School. I wanted to get some estimates on getting the car worked on. I went to some local body shops expecting them to be exited and willing to work on the car. That just tells you how young and nieve I really was. I was basically laughed at and told that the car was junk at one shop. The others were nicer about it but the answer was still the same. It would take a lot more work than they wanted to get involved in.

That led me to an autobody shop I had driven past for years. I stopped in and talked to the owner. (I won't mention his name) He was interested in the work and came to look at the car. We agreed to have him install quarter panels and trunk extensions. He was also supposed to fix some rust in the trunk and in the frame by the shackels.

He thought he might have the car for three months or so but it turned out to be close to two years. Part way throught the work I found out that he was a hack. He wouldn't let me even see the car. He told me that it was in storage in another town. It took my father calling the county Sherrif to get him to let us see the car. When we finally picked up the car my dad and I didn't even look the car over. We just paid what we owed and hauled the car home.

This is what I saw when I got home.

4871363-quarter.jpg (579 downloads)