Quote:

Thats not 2 bad if you don't mind a bit a bit of metal work, you could save around $1000 over the other 5 speed swap if you are changing an automatic.
You driving it yet?

Not as much as I want to. It's been raining on all my days off, and with MT drag radials on the back wet roads are not my friend. I will tell you that the first (and only) time I got a chance to floor it in 1st gear it really surprised me and caused me to back out of it. The change from a 2.45 first gear to a 2.87 first gear, along with the loss of my sluggish torque converter really made a huge difference. It felt like I'd bolted on a 100hp nitrous shot, and the thing got really squirrely.

Next time I'll warm the tires first, stay in it, and it should really be some fun! May get it out to the track next month to see how my ET has changed. Though I did the swap with the intention of moving away from a drag car and more towards a handling/touring kind of setup. Next up is some suspension upgrades, some different rear tires, and modern AC.

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.