Quote:

Quote:

The problem is there are more people that think they are sealed units than don't.

Then they are very much in the wrong hobby and are in the vast minority, perhaps its just were you live.

Quote:

He had ZERO intention of using that carb , it was just a test to see where it was out of the box.

Wait- Did you not state "he knew his way around a carburetor" and now you are stating something else? huh.

Quote:

Did you skip over the part where he swapped on the CARTER 750 , which you state is the SAME CARB, and the engine didn't run like a piece of crap ?

You have reading comprehension issues my friend, I stated they were virtually the same castings. Jetting, metering rods and spring rates make a huge difference.

Quote:

But again ZERO INTENTION of running that carb either. A strip kit is just jets, rods and springs, it does nothing if the carb itself, with incorrect size internal passages, is the problem.

And you know this how? You picked a poor example "as proof" and display a bit of ignorance about how the AFB's are constructed. I have a problem taking your word on the subject as to the shortcoming of this particular carburetors design. On the other hand I own several Edelbrock and Carter AFB's and they all work great and have rebuilt and tuned several hundred over the decades for a living (including Holleys, TQ's and AVS not to mention non-mopar stuff like quadrajets and even the horrible VV carb from Ford!) for other people without issue.

A single example in which the user freely admits making no changes to the unit is not a sweeping indictment on Edelbrock carbs.

I find it amusing that people will spend vast amounts of time on Holley carbs "drilling this circuit" or "swapping out this air bleed" or "trying this modification" but won't spend some time learning how AFB's work which are the simplest of devices.

But that's ok, more for me ;-)

Oh sorry , you are the king of carb tuning , everyone else on the planet is an IDIOT compared to you .....

I'm out , you're