Quote:

Had one on my Duster's original 340 and hated it...car never ran right no matter the tuning we did. Bolted on a 650 Holley and it was like night and day, throttle response was better and the car picked up 4 tenths with the (untuned) Holley. Never looked back.
As mentioned, for a mild street driver they can be decent. Had a 360 with one on it and it ran fine. I think there are better choices out there though.

Same here.

Installed a shiny new Edelbrock 750 on a street/strip 440 4 speed and it NEVER ran right.

Constant stumble off idle, surging under load, TERRIBLE performance compared to my previous Holley 750 DP.

Called Edelbrock tech countless times changed rods, jets and springs over and over and in the end was drilling out emulsion tubes....

Edelbrock techs tried their best and actually sent me parts for free to try with no luck.

They finally admitted the carb was best suited for a stock to very mild small block.

Took the Edelbrock carb off and sold it to buddy who put it on his stock 350 powered truck.

Put the old Holley 750 DP back on and had it tuned and running perfect in 20 minutes....night and day difference in performance and drivability.

Live and learn....NO shiny Edelbrock carbs for me.