I built a Hemi for my buddy's 69 Road Runner. A friend recommended a cam with a 114 LCA. The car Idles like a 318. Has great low end and pulls to 6000. All stock (still has the original exhaust from 69) [Email]13.00@107.[/Email] I would have never chosen this cam but he swore it would work. He was correct.
Doug

I wouldn't want a 426 Street hemi motor to idle like a 318,or pull like one either Evidentily your buddy does, This is America, you can have it your way BTE, all the stock 426 Street Hemi motors(factory stock, not blue printed stock) I have owned or driven pull like gangbusters to 7000 RPM
For those that don't know the difference chararestics(SP?) of different lobe seperation angles on the same cam grinds, usually tighter LSA will increase bootom end power (HP and torque), that also makes the idle choppy and the motor will have less intake manifold vacume at idle. Widening the lobe seperation angle usually looses bottom end HP and Torque and moves the peak HP (power band) higher, it does make more manifold vacume at idle A very succesful old time drag racer told me early in my racing career to focus on the first 100 ft of the track, the rest of it would take care of itself I found that to work very well for me The first 12 inches of the track takes the longest time per inch to move the car

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)