Funny you say that. My experience with wide LSA cams came from my time playing with Pontiacs, hardly good cylinder head high RPM cars. This was a number of years ago but most of their cams have or had back then wide LSA's. This is what got me to thinking of trying them in a Mopar and we have been very happy with the results.

Narrow lobe center stuff sems to be way peaky to me, or at least what I have had experience with. OH yeah I think most SS stuff is going to have a wide lobe center too.

I have seen the wider LSA's have made more power and gone quicker at the track. SB Fords, Pontiacs Chevys and Mopars. They seem to spread out torque as well so from my experience I will stick with what I have seen work for me. Of course a cam is only ONE part of the equation, to make a car run good numbers it is a combination not a magic part that makes the difference.

I think it is interesting to see what kind of results people get with certain combinations. Also would be interested to see how far they went to see IF there was a gain. Or if it was simply a cam swap and nothing else.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"