Quote:

Lots of old school thinking here for sure...FWIW mine are 115 and 117 respectively and they seem to make pretty good power. Both NA deals. I think lobe separation is one thing some of the old schoolers just seem to reject. Cannot tell you the last time I was at less that 113. From what we have seen it seems to be way less peaky power bands going with and increased lobe separation. But you can always just run an old purple shaft and wonder why some are faster....

Good points, but you run a lot of compression don't you? Which N/A removes some of the wide LSA negatives.

True story, I had at one time W5 topend sitting on my 416 shortblock I had previously had eddie heads on that I sold. When I switched to the better heads I left the cam alone. It remained 260/266 598/623 flat tappet I had under the eddies(likely not optimal)
A certain cam guru/ seller who used to post on here and I got to know told me I was sure to see improvement by going to a 112 ( about all it seems he recommended for every N/A combo).
Knowing my combo well, he ground a cam on a 112 to his specs for my combo. 258/268 same ish lift numbers.
Anyhow, heavy car(3350) 11.8 compression. Car never again with the new cam got even within a tenth of the generic 107 LSA cam it replaced.
Car was a dog 60 foot, felt just dead. I will say the MPH changed very little.
Cam just gave up too much in the first part of the track to overcome.
Anything I have see n/a in the small block world that isn't exotic, say Indy heads and lower on the food chain runs better on tighter stuff.
Be curious what LSA stock and super stock small block stuff runs.....

But yeah... 15+ to 1 big headed n/a stuff might be more forgiving

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17