I know its not this fuel pump as it did not loose fuel pressure when it happened and the orange box works fine as it did not loose spark either and never has with that orange box. I agree MSD is better but that box has been on our cars since 2000 and never had a problem. I put the plastic filter on early this summer to see what was going on when it did die 3 times and that was a loss of fuel pressure so I ended up replacing that pump early this summer with the Holley red pump I had to see how it worked and it never had a fuel problem again. It was a Firecore pump that cut out early this summer and we are taking care of that. But I wanted to go to the track so I threw a Holley Black pump on with the external reg. Like I said it did not loose fuel pressure yesterday or at all with this pump on it. This is only the first time this has happened this summer. But last summer I had the fuel boiling happen twice. Since then I added the heat shield and a new phenolic spacer which I did at the end of last summer. Thats one of the annoying things is it dont happen all the time as I thought the heat shield helped but yesterday showed me it really did not. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/30/13 09:17 PM.