Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong ( on my phone) but one pic showed the fuel filter on the inner fender with a lot of line, The second pic shows the filter next to the distributor. At any rate that's a lot of line up high in the engine bay, my RR and demon run low along the front frame rail then up to the pump to the front of the engine. I would route it the same way even with the electric pump

Well I felt that low along the frame rail would have the line closer to the headers ?? At least thats why I thought I would do it the way I did to try and keep the line away from the header tubes. Then I though about the fuel line on the outside of the frame rail but I was concerned about the being that close to the control arms on the outer side of the frame rail. Thats why I did it like I did and it has worked good from 2006 until last year when the pump around here got worse. So I will take all the advise hear and decide what I think will be best. Ron

Ron , Heat RISES , so having the line and the filter , mounted the way you do is causing it to get all the heat radiating off the header. I'd put it down low and insulate it , plus put in a return line off your regulator.

where is your cool can mounted ?

I was concerned that down low would be to close to the headers unless I ran it on the outside of the frame rail but I did not want to run the fuel line outside the framerail up front. I am going to try and insulate the entire fuel line under the hood as my buddy is a comercial AC man and can get me some real good stuff to insulate the line so I plan to try that first before I move the line. The cool can is on the front core support as its about the only place I could mount it. It is close to the rad which I dont care for but I had the problem before I put it on last summer and it does run fine with ice or an ice pack in the cool can. But the ice melts much faster then the ice pack cools off and it is a bit of a pain to keep putting an ice pack in it. Course it does fix the problem. I went to a show last summer thats in PA and is about a 40 mile run so I put an ice pack in the cool can when I left my house and later that night before I left the show I pulled my other ice pack from the small cooler in my trunk and put it in the cool can. It worked good as I had no problems that day but I found a few other times I wanted to do that I found that I forgot to change the ice pack before I left. Luckily it was not to bad a day and it was getting dark as I had no problems then. The cool can works but it can be a pain remembering to put the ice pack in it. Ron