I actually use a phenolic spacer but I have heard the wooden one could be better. So I might try and go to a wooden one. I have also thought about going with a return line. I mean I have run Holley pumps and deadhead systems since 1974 and never had a problem. But we had much better pump gas until now also. I was thinking about taking my filler neck out and drilling a hole in it and then braze a nipple on it so I can make a return line setup as I have the regulator for a return line. I use the stock gas tank and thats why I was thinking of removing my filler neck so I could wash it down with water and then drill and braze it for a return line nipple as I surely wont drill on the tank as I would have to remove the stock tank to put a return line nipple in it. It should work fine if I put it in the filler neck down low where the filler neck goes into the stock tank. But until then I will be putting ice packs and ice cubes in the cool can on hot days. Its funny as I have been out on hotter more humid days this year with no trouble but I had not gone 40 some miles as most were cruises within 10 miles. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/29/13 04:57 PM.