i think the book was "driving to win by jackie stewart?"

research concluded that a driver could mentally modulate leg power better if it dident have movement in the equation so cars were setup with as solid a brake peddle as possible.a driver could "hit" the peddle with a more accurate amount of force without movement in the brain as well.

does this aply to our cars or gocarts on steroids where mechanicle advantage may not be nessesary i have no idea.i have however puty a big bore aluminum mas cyl on a 4 wheel drum 69 dodge truck,the peddle felt like it bent more than it moved it seemed like i could stop perfectly on a mark with it stopping.it was just an experiment, i changed it back before i sold it.

i wonder how much leg power factors into this,8 months ago i was leg pressing 1000 lbs.i had to stop leg training due to hitting my knee REALLY hard on the asphalt and after that all lifts felt really spooky.i kept waiting for it to go away but it wouldent.about three weeks ago i just said o well and started leg work again.after a couple leg workouts it feels fine but the presses have been kept under 800lbs.leg feels fine so ill be strong again in no time