JCC asked me about my floater axle, and we got to talking brakes, and he suggested I post about my brakes.

Front:
Dr Diff kit - Gen III viper front calipers on SRT8 14.1x1.25" rotors. The rotors weigh about 27 pounds each (!), and the hubs are aluminum. The kit uses 73+ disc brake spindles and a caliper mounting bracket he makes. The brakes fit inside factory GT500 wheels (18x9.5 with 45mm offset). This wheel also fits around the tie rod end, which allows for the 7.2" of backspace. *With this combo, the tire hits the frame before lock on my duster.

Rear:
Schreiner Enterprises 9" floater using 5x4.5" hubs, Coleman 14x1.25" rotors, Gen III viper front calipers, and brackets I made. I went with a floater axle so I could run 4 piston calipers and not worry about pad knockback. The brackets consist of cut down GM Metric caliper brackets bolted to 1.25x1.25x8.5" aluminum stock. The caliper brackets run a full 360* around the axle - made for a much easier job!

Pads:
Cadillac CTS-V factory pads - they are branded "Brembo", and are a Ferodo HP1000 compound (same compound that probably all 'brembo' branded pads use, including the new Camaro, Viper, and high end exotics). The CTS-V pads are .300" taller than the viper pads, otherwise they are the same dimensions. They are the same size pad used on the Viper ACR-X, which uses these exact calipers. The pads fit height-wise on my rotors (just barely). They cost less than Viper brembo pads, though some aftermarket pads cost more in this size (vs viper size). I will probably have to stagger the pad compound to get the bias right, but I'll wait to fix it once I know I have a problem.

Master cylinder: 15/16" from Dr Diff. Manual. Should be about right, but if not, I'll change it out.

Wilwood proportioning valve - I'll probably need all 58% reduction in line pressure to get close to the right bias at threshold braking. With sticky tires, I'll end up with a more aggressive pad in the front.

The car isn't running, but I'll report back once it is, let ya'll know how this thing stops. The goal of the car is to run with a C6 Z06 and porsche GT3 on a road course.

Pics:

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course