Quote:

We have built similar set-ups on other cars, and unfortunately with e 15/16" M/C and no help behind it, you will drive it the first time and most likely it will not stop! We learned our lesson a while back.... This type of set-up could need hydraboost and some other type of unique boosting system.

Let us know if it works out as-is.

Have you had success keeping any of those cars with manual brakes, just with a larger master cylinder?

I don't imagine I'll need a booster, but I haven't ruled out a different size master cylinder. Something I haven't found a way to calculate is what is too small of a master cylinder. The formulas will tell you what is too big (i.e. you'll know when you don't have enough pressure), but nothing really indicates when it gets too small (and you don't have enough pad movement). Any thoughts on this?

Feets - your brake worksheet shows pad movement of .0056 with my application assuming 6:1 pedal ratio and 5" of pedal movement. The formula doesn't make sense to me, so doing it my way, I got .0334" per caliper of clamping movement with the above numbers.
Here are my numbers:
4.3 sq/in area per caliper (one side only, 44mm/40mm - all 4 are this)
0.69 sq/in - master cylinder volume given the above movement (15/16 mc)
= 25:1 total caliper to master cylinder area *This might be a good measurement to compare different brake set-ups for going too small of a master cylinder - might tell us when a M/C is too small*

*What I don't know is how much the pads retract when released, how much pad knockback occurs, and how much fluid compression occurs. That's what really matters in determining when you've gone with too small of a master cylinder, yes?

Feets- what size master do you have? What is the area of your front calipers and rear calipers? You are running manual brakes, yes?

Last edited by uhcoog1; 02/14/13 05:06 PM.