Quote:

If you have a '69 383, 4-speed with A/C road runner you should have 897 on the right "torquoise" valve cover in white.

897 - 383 4BBL, manual transmission, A/C, 330hp, Turquoise (925 for a '69 383 335hp 4-spd WITHOUT A/C orange)

899 is on an automatic as here on this survivor '69 383 Super Bee with A/C. (926 for a '69 383 335hp automatic WITHOUT A/C orange)

I would love to see a marked valve cover for a non a/c orange 383 with either a 925 or a 926. Would it be too greedy to see the drivers side also?
The three numbers are put on the engine so the guys assembling the car put the right engine combination in the car. Probably pilot bushing and carb difference between manual and automatic. Maybe distributor, throttle bracket, and/or vacuum line nipples also. My car has the distributor advance delay valve on it also. I would be cool if that also made a difference in the engine numbers. The judging manual is kind of thin in that area and I would like to fill in the blanks and forward them to Dave at MMC. This would help the accuracy of the judges and keep the car quality higher.

Thanks for the great pics!!!